REA is a proven financing partner, bringing tax equity, sponsor equity and established banking partnerships to projects. These partners rely on REA and consortium members to help establish appropriate safeguards that meet their financing requirements. REA structured financing strategies benefit both syndication and co-development projects.
- 15 to 20 year debt
- Debt may be provided during construction and converted to permanent debt
- Debt provided for up to 45% of final project value
Full financing requirements:
- Debt coverage of 1.25+
- Power purchase agreement/lease, site control, and all warranties for the full length of the loan
- Valid project valuation appraisals or cost certification
- Asset manager review and affirmation of all deal documents
REA works with developers or general partners to establish the true value of the project and derive maximum economic benefit.
- “Owner’s Advocacy” to assure maximum value for the project
- Assurance that projects are fully documented, warrantied, etc.
- A mechanism to aggregate projects to minimize financing and costs, and maximize economic potential
- Establishment of true market value of the project through market-based appraisals and appropriate transactional structuring—maximizing the economic potential of each project
Our focus is on the smaller, underserved segment of the renewable energy industry, delivering projects of up to $25 million in value.